Software Engineer Python (m/f) in Karlsruhe
Blue Yonder is the leading provider of artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions for European retailers. Using highly-developed machine learning algorithms and innovative technology such as predictive modeling, we identify correlations in massive amounts of data for our customers. Those are used for automated decisions, which are delivered to our customers over a Software as a Service (SaaS).
Our teams combine scientific research from physics, mathematics and computer science with an in-depth knowledge of retail processes. Innovative spirit, openness and solution-oriented teamwork define our daily work. We value breaking new ground, self-sufficiency and the drive to further your skills. Supported by renowned investors, our work is revolutionizing the software market with products that are shaping the retail world, making our customers more flexible and ready to thrive in today’s dynamic market.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Python (m/f) to support our platform team in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Your day-to-day work will entail:
- Design and development of data-intensive distributed systems written in Python with a focus on data engineering
- Operating a scalable platform as shared infrastructure for our products and customer services
- Strengthening the robustness of our cloud infrastructure with failover mechanisms, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Working in an agile team with an emphasis on quality, testability, and automation
You should have:
- In-depth knowledge of Python and its open-source ecosystem
- Interest in data handling with modern tools such as Apache Kafka, Apache Parquet, Dask
- Experience with earlier technologies such as Hadoop is a plus
- Expertise in working with SQL (postgreSQL, SQLAlchemy)
- Experience with DevOps on Linux using tools such as Ansible, Prometheus, etc.
- Enjoy teamwork, interest in software craftsmanship and a passion for modern methods such as Kanban, TDD and pair programming
- Experience with cluster applications (Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, Docker) and cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure or AWS would be a big plus
We live for pushing artificial intelligence forward and scalable solutions. Joining our team means you can look forward to working with our people on realizing creative ideas and see how they operate in the resulting solutions. Mutual respect, friendly relationships and results-oriented work are an important part of our environment. We strive to be a family-friendly business and are open to modern working structures. We enjoy delivering the highest-quality work and like clean coding just as much as our social barbecues or pizza parties, contributing to open source projects, discussing new technologies and sharing favorite video games at the end of the work day.
We believe that the individuality and diversity of our employees make a decisive contribution to our success. Our hiring process is based on qualifications and career profile. We welcome applications from all motivated candidates, regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin or religion.
Want to join our team?
Please send your application and references to open source projects by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Manager